The climate of Egypt is overwhelmingly hot and dry.
What little rain there
is falls mainly in Alexandria and the Nile Delta and Mediterranean coastal region in the winter. In the summer, this area can get quite humid.
Between late March and mid-May, occasional dust storms may occur.
October - March is the ideal time to visit Egypt.
A valid passport and a current visa are required for American travelers to enter Egypt. For $80, Ya’lla Tours will pre-pay your visa and have it waiting for you in the airport upon arrival.
In general, no immunizations are necessary for visiting the major tourist areas of Egypt. However, if you have concerns, please consult your personal physician. If entering Egypt from an infected area, evidence of Yellow Fever and Cholera immunizations is required.
Arabic is the official language of Egypt. English and French are widely spoken.
Clothing - Egypt is quite conservative with regards to dress. It is best for both men and women to keep shoulders and legs fairly well covered. Loose, flowing garments in natural fibers (cotton, linen) are ideal for the Egyptian heat. Shorts are tolerated at tourist sites, but should be knee length. In winter, layering is the best way to transition from the warm days to cool nights.
Walking shoes - Most visitors to Egypt will do a great deal of walking on dusty, rocky ground. Good thick soles and material that breathes are a must.
Sun hat - Keeping the head and neck covered prevents sunstroke. A large brim will provide shade, and something in cloth can be soaked to cool the head in very hot weather. For women, a scarf will also come in handy as a head and shoulder covering when touring mosques and churches.
The currency of Egypt is the Egyptian Pound; 1 pound = 100 piastres. Money can be exchanged at American Express offices, banks and many hotels (banks usually have the best exchange rate). Major credit cards are accepted at larger establishments and ATMs are widely available in the major cities. US Dollars are widely accepted in tourist areas.
The electrical current in Egypt is 220 volt. Wall sockets have two round holes.
• Domestic flights in Egypt: Cairo-Sharm El Sheikh-Cairo.
• 8 nights hotel with daily breakfast.
• 2 lunches in Cairo.
• Private transfers.
• 2 days of touring in Cairo in a private,air-conditioned van with a licensed, English-speaking guide, as per itinerary.
• Entrance fees, as per itinerary.
• Baggage handling at airports, hotels and cruises.
• Hotel service fees and taxes.
• Ya’lla Tours USA Passenger Information Kit
• Travel insurance, highly recommended.
• Airfare other than specified.
• Meals other than specified.
• Personal expenses.
• Egyptian entry visa.
• Departure taxes.
• Tips to guides, drivers, hotel porters, etc.
Deposit and Payment Policy: • A deposit of $500 per person, per country
booked is required
upon booking the tour.
• Final payment is due sixty days prior to departure.
• If booking within 21 days of travel, an additional
fee of $75 per person will apply.
• A change fee of $50 per person will apply to any
changes made by the traveler after confirmation
has been sent.
Cancellations & Refunds: Transportation, lodging, meals, entertainment
and other services are sold on a partially refundable
basis depending upon the date, in relation
to the departure date, such services are cancelled.
The cancellation fees and calculations are set
• 61 days or more prior to departure, a service fee of
$100 per person, per country will apply.
• If a tour is cancelled 60 days or less from departure
date and full payment has not been received in our
office, the deposit will then be forfeited in full.
• Once full payment has been received, any refund
made will be subject to a $75 per person administration
• 59 to 30 days prior to departure, a cancellation
fee of 50% of the tour cost will apply.
• 29 to 15 days prior to departure, a cancellation
fee of 75% of the tour cost will apply.
• 14 days or less prior to departure, a cancellation
fee of 100% of the tour cost will apply.
• No refund will apply to any unused services including
but not limited to flights, accommodations,
touring, meals and/or transportation.